Metamoris is getting more and more interesting! Check out the new trailer for the upcoming Metamoris 4! This is gonna be awesome!
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014).
An American Werewolf in London
John Landis. 1981
64, Coleherne Road, Kensington, Earl’s Court, London SW10, UK
See in map
This Week in Combat Sports (7/21-7/27)
Finally got a new laptop so the weekly post is back. And we got a great weekend ahead of us.
- RFA 16 - July 25th - 10pm ET on AXS TV: Got a full Friday night of action with RFA and Bellator returning. RFA returns to Colorado for their inaugural Heavyweight title fight between locals Josh Copeland (8-0) and former BYU football player Jan Jorgensen (7-0) in the main event. The two are basically fighting for a UFC contract at this point. In the co-main event, we have a 140lb catchweight between bantamweight prospect Jarred Mercado (11-1) and featherweight coming down Daniel Swain (11-3). Chris Heatherly (7-1) and Josh Cavan (9-3) face off at 170 (Heatherly is like 5’7, kind of short for WW). Boston Salmon (1-0), who had a highlight reel KO in his first pro fight under RFA, faces Zac Chavez (2-1). In a women’s bantamweight showdown, Marion Reneau (3-1, 3 tkos) the constantly debuting Maureen Riordon (0-0). Some of you may know Maureen Riordon from the Glory 16 undercard. To round it off, flyweight prospects Eric Shelton (5-0) and Sid Bice (3-0) close it out.
- Bellator 122 - July 25th - Prelims 7pm on Spike.com/Main card 9pm on Spike TV - We’re treated to one of the last of Bjorn Rebney’s products. From the bottom up, it’s pretty solid card. On the prelims, former Bellator LW tournament finalist Saad Awad (15-6) faces off against Strikeforce veteran Joe Duarte (10-3). Lightweight prospects Sergio Rios (7-0) and Stephen Martinez (10-2) are also on the prelims. Former Bellator welterweight tournament champon Karl Amoussou (17-6-2) fights Fernando Gonzalez (20-12). UK light heavyweight prospect Linton Vassell (13-3) is set to make his 3rd appearance in Bellator against Strikeforce veteran Virgil Zwicker (12-3). Kind of surprised that Vassell wasn’t included in the light heavyweight tournament. Brazilian heavyweight prospect Augusto Sakai (6-0) faces Matt Frembling (9-2). Wrestling standout Bubba Jenkins (6-1) gets his toughest test to date in the Tachi Kid, Poppies Martinez (29-9). Ukrainian heavyweight prospect Dmitry Sosnovskiy (7-0) get Manny Lara. To close out the prelims, we have the first of 4 tournament fights Kelly Anundson (8-2) and Philipe Lins (9-0). On the main card, NYBA Phil Baroni and Karo “Bro” Parisyan kick off the Spike portion with a throwback fight. In the other semi-final for the LHW tournament, Liam McGeary (7-0) and Lithuanian Egidijus Valavicius (27-10) fight for a spot in the finals. Andrey Koreshkov (16-1) faces Adam McDonough (11-0) in the co-main event. We’re only 1 fight away from Lima-Koreshkov. In the main event Brett Cooper (20-9) tries to get a 3rd shot against Alexander Shlemenko when he faces Brandon Halsey (6-0) in the middleweight tournament finals.
- Shobox: The New Generaton - July 25th - 10 pm ET on Showtime -
- Road FC 16 - July 26th - 4 am ET on Ustream (maybe) - Road FC’s monthly shows continue as Road FC decides to crown its first flyweight champion. In the main event Korean prospect Nam Jin Jo (10-6) faces off against Min Jong Song (6-6) for the title. In the co-main event, UFC/EliteXC/DEEP/Dream veteran Riki Fukuda (20-7) faces off against Dong Sik Yoon (7-7).
- UFC on FOX 12 - July 26th - 4:15pm ET Prelims on Fight Pass/ 6pm Prelims FOX/8pm Main card on FOX - The UFC is in San Jose this week as they deliver with one of the most violent looking main events in a long time, a #1 contenders match between Matt “The Immortal” Brown and Robbie “Ruthless” Lawler. Brown brings a 7 fight win streak (6 of which by tKO) into this fight while Robbie is 4-1 in his last 5 since rejoining the UFC. In the co-main event, there are another 2 more men going through a career renaissance. After finally accepting his size, Anthony “Rumble” Johnson has looked all types of beastly since joining the 170lb division. He’s won 6 in a row including a whooping of Phil Davis. He faces a Lil Nog that’s coming off one of the biggest wins of his career (if not one of the most uneventful fights in recent memory) over Rashad Evans. After beating Kawajiri, Clay Guida tries to jump back into contendership at 145 with a win over Denis Bermudez who rides a 6 fight winning streak into this match. To kick off the main card we got Josh Thomson vs Bobby Green. A win for either fighter basically launches them into a fight with Donald Cerrone for a title shot. In the effort of saving space, suffice to say Daron Cruickshank, Jorge Masvidal, Tiago dos Santos, Gilbert Burns, Andreas Stahl, Juliana Lima, Steven Siler, and Joanna Jedrzejczyk make the prelims a must watch.
- Golovkin vs Geale - July 26th - 9:30pm ET on HBO - Triple Gs’ hype grows with each match, as does the talks of him fighting Ward. A win over Geale would just add wood to the fire. On the undercard, American heavyweight Bryant Jennings and Mike Perez face off to determine America’ top heavyweight prospect. I also believe that’s a mandatory for the WBC or something.
- Robert Stieglitz vs Sergey Khomitsky - July 26th - N/A -Robert Stieglitz vs Sergey Khomitsky, Robin Krasniqi vs Oleksandr Cherviak, Christina Hammer vs Anne Sophie Mathis, Dominic Boesel vs Daniel Regi. Stieglitz is looking to get his career pointed back in the right direction, but Khomitsky is no pushover, either. He’s a very, very tough gatekeeper type who has given Martin Murray a hard night and “upset” Frank Buglioni. The rest of the card is typical German fare with Krasniqi fluffing his record futher, but Hammer-Mathis is a nice matchup, I think.
- DEEP Nagoya Impact 2014 - July 27th - N/A - Chase Beebe vs Seiji Akao was supposed to headline this week’s DEEP card but Beebe pulled out. DEEP’s looking for a late replacement for Akao. For now, the card is headlined by the bantamweight tournament semifinals featuring Harushige ‘Cabbage’ Shinokawa vs Yudai Ishida and Katsuya ‘Garitto’ Ishida vs Ryuji Akijima.
- Roshambo MMA 3 - July 26th - 4:30am on fightweblivestream.com - Some Aussie MMA this weekend. 3 title fights between prospects of varying quality. Alex Volkanovski and Jai Bradney for the lightweight title. Lana Kate vs Jessy Rose-Clark for the women’s bantamweight title. Shauna Carew vs Ginny Connors for the women’s strawweight title.
- WFC 25 - July 26 - 5pm ET on GFL.tv - WEC, Strikeforce and Bellator vet Ryan Healy faces off against Aaron Hedrick. UFC and WEC veteran Ian Loveland faces Gabriel Solorio at featherweight.
- Roy Jones Jr. vs Courtney Fry - RJJ is fighting. It’s 2014.
- Tyson Fury vs Alexander Ustinov - Fury still fighting after Chisora pulls out.
"The difference two years can make."
You have a lot of spirits in here, but there is one I’m most worried about because it is so hateful